The Licentiate’s Ledger is a weekly column by Austin Dean, a PhD candidate in Chinese History based in Beijing. He blogs at The Licentiate’s Ledger and tweets @TheLicentiate. Here are the posts in blog view.
- 2014.01.31 From Rickshaws to Audis: China’s Misuse Of Public Vehicles In The 20th Century
- 2014.02.07 Beware The Tea Leaves: Predictions About China At The End Of Qing
- 2014.02.14 Mao And Money: The Evolution Of The Chinese Banknote
- 2014.02.21 The Air Up There: Chinese Air Identifications Zones Now And Then
- 2014.20.28 Not Just Guanxi: Tensions Between Networks And Hierarchies In Chinese History
- 2014.03.07 Horses, Donkeys And Sedan Chairs: Political Travel In Chinese History