1. Between $1 trillion and $4 trillion in untraced assets have left the country since 2000.
2. It’s kind of our fault. Pricewaterhouse Coopers, UBS, and Credit Suisse are some of the key agents in this transaction. Foreign investors also “imposed” this because of their ” general discomfort with Chinese rules and regulations.”
3. Several prominent Chinese leaders are actually 2 dimensional cartoon people. Either that or in their exhaustive individual reporting on offshore assets of China’s princelings, they used artistic representations to avoid using photos that belong to others.
4. 40% of offshore trading comes from China and other Asian nations.
5. ICIJ sorted through a cache of 2.5 million leaked files and got help from more than 50 reporting partners throughout the world in releasing this info.
Read the full report