The Best Applications To Be Gigi Chao’s Husband, So Far [UPDATE]

Picture via the Guardian, caption: “Gigi Chao (right) is already taken, having apparently married her partner of seven years, Sean Eav (left), in France recently. Photograph: Apple Daily/AFP/Getty Images.”

Gigi Chao says she’s “really quite touched” by her dad’s HK$500 million bounty for her hand in marriage, and with applicants like this, we can see why!

hi Gigi Chao I desire to marry you if I married you I was in vendiin your will find happiness by ndimuar people in the world on this team with you, and there you can find your happiness friend Sazan Gusha from albania.

That’s from Ticher Fotografi on this Knows Hong Kong story, which we linked to in our original post about Chao. There are more.

From Knows Hong Kong:

There’s a bit of confusion as to exactly how many applications have been received though. Gigi’s dad, tycoon Cecil Chao Sze-tsung, told South China Morning Post “about 100,” while Daily Telegraph says “thousands of men.” Gigi herself, in the above SCMP story, claims, “In addition to more than 1,500 Facebook friend requests, Twitter, YouTube and Google+ followers, I am also getting so many e-mail marriage proposals it’s seriously distracting.”

Reuters reports these two:

One suitor from the United States wrote: “I’m interested in your offer to wed your daughter, who also happens to be gay. I am a male person, who also happens to be gay.”

Another put up his brother, a body double to George Clooney in the 2008 sports flick “Leatherheads” as a potential mate: “He could be the picture perfect date that your father craves.”

And desperate bachelors have resorted to emailing newspapers directly, hoping they’ll be messengers. These two went to SCMP:

The Post has also fielded e-mail requests. A Frenchman, 38, wrote: “I’m really serious and [despite the fact] I am a man I think I can make this woman happy, I’m as soft as a woman.”

Another internet user, going by the name Robin Hood 702, wrote: “I will win his daughter’s heart and marry her, and my Maid Marian, a gorgeous Brazilian model, will help accomplish that with me.”

We’ve even fielded proposals in our comments section. (Disclaimer: probably farcical.) This guy links to AOL.com in his comment, and later calls it a “great web site for all” (or does he mean BJC!!!):

my son would marry her if she move to usa and start up a business my wife is bed ridding and we could use sum of your money to buy a house and take care of my wife . if you want to help me and my wife . we dont need a loy of money about 200 000 us money hope you have the heart to help us god bless you and your family. my son is 39 never be marry

But the hands-down winner? The guy who sent this to Gawker:

Dear Mr. Zimmerman,

I read you article regarding the daughter who is lesbian and i decided i want to go to hk to check her out.

My name is Gui [Redacted] and I am from Brazil. I am currently traveling around the world while learning about Algae and climbing mountains.

I think this girl is gorgeous and as I love women I am willing to fly to hk to meet with her.

Can you please let me know how to arrange a meeting with them?

thanks in advance,

Gui

What a lucky gal, that Gigi. Who knew all that was necessary to attract the doting attention of so many men was a father’s love? A very, very, very rich father.

Want to submit a marriage proposal of your own? We’re listening.

UPDATE, 9/29, 5:15 pm: Hey look, someone’s already made a “fan site”:

10 Responses to “The Best Applications To Be Gigi Chao’s Husband, So Far [UPDATE]”

1. FOREIGNER

I SAW WHAT YOUR DAD WANT TO OFFER FOR A MAN WHO CAN HAVE YOUR HANDS IN MARRIAGE! I AM A MULTI-TALENTED HIP HOP ARTISTE! YOU CAN BE MY MANAGER, MY PROMOTER AND MY PARTNER! THAT DOES NOT STOP YOU FROM BEING WHO YOU ARE AND WE CAN RIDE IN STARDOM ROUND THE WORLD! THAT WILL MAKE YOU SEE LIFE FROM DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE AND YOU WILL BE APPRECIATED BY ALL! GIVE THAT A DEEP THOUGHT!

2. Bob

Hello gigi chao.

I`m African Black man 37yrs.live and work in Tokyo Japan.

Can You marry me? or can we be friends?

Please don`t say know.

3. Ben Benjamin

Hi Gigi or should I say Miss. Fabulous not like you need another annoying request….I’m just an average Joe from from New York just seeking love and affection to be honest with you , though not the most handsome…but most importantly I do have a big heart, im spontaneous and I love to laugh, a sense of humor is very important….any who I am much interested…but I am sure by now that you are so sick of these multiple requests, that if I do not get a reply it is fully understandable……Your Caribbean sunshine Ben…..Much love…stay Sweet and Stay Safe……You Fabulous Woman You……..

4. Tajinder Thukral

I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO THE FATHER AND DAUGHTER, THEN DECIDE. DAUGHTERS HAPPINESS COMES FIRST. I AM A BACHELOR. TO GIVE UP MY FREEDOM FOR THIS.

5. Jason Pullen

..first, there may be a lucky man…lucky enough to discover true and unchallenged love for a lady so well pressed into the media spotlight, but who is she really seeking?
    I am apparently an attractive man…the girls often comment, but due to my being in Bulgaria I feel there can be no opportunity for me to find a beautiful lady such as Gigi…but wait!
    If her father, within his worldly wisdom, can see that maybe the opportunities that may present themselves at his feet…mostly begging…are perhaps not what he should be contemplating. i would so much enjoy a life with a lady such as Gigi…but money? Surely this can be provided from the enjoyment sure to be taken from a life with such a talented woman? She would be happier at work, happier at home…and begin to fully expand upon her opportunities within kife.
    I would offer myself, but it may take her many years…as she shuffles through life’s possibilities offered to her, to encounter my profile…and although she would think to herself, ‘…too late…wish he had written sooner..’ what chance would still remain.
    Among the many admirers sending her details, what else could I say?
    ‘…lesbian?…maybe not…but you need to meet the right man’

Jason Pullen

6. K-K

You people are idiots.
    If you really care about her and want whats best for her, then you would stop sending pointless applications. She doesn’t want a super model, she doesn’t want a guy that has a billion talents, she doesn’t want ANY male at all. Straight guys need to stop hitting on lesbian girls. We are lesbian for a reason. You don’t NEED to meet the “right” man. If all you straight think that she’s maybe not lesbian, then maybe you guys are MAYBE NOT straight either. You can send naked pictures of yourself, say how great you are but that will never compare to her wife. I she wanted a man, she would have already been with one. She’s doing something to make her happy, not for your greedy selves. If you really “wanted” a chance with her, put in the application you DON’T want the money, you just want her because you love her and that’s reason enough.

7. Troy Thompson

Hi Gigi,

I know it is pointless in trying to turn a life-long homosexual into a heterosexual; but, I could be a neglected husband if it keeps your dad from troubling your life more! If you and your partner ever decided to have a child I would not mind offering fertilization- whether directly or indirectly through laboratory procedures. :-) My American ex-wife has already used me to this extent by deserting our marriage, stealing my only son; and US laws involving desertion/alimony/custody/parental kidnapping do not affect women at all! I am a musician as well as biologist.

Love,

Troy Thompson

8. Norm

Hi Gigi,

I am 60 now, but, in my youth, when stationed in Hawaii, I had the honor of getting to know Asian people for whom I have the greatest respect and who have profoundly effected my life.

Of course, to me, you are very attractive. And, in an earlier time, given the opportunity, I would have walked up to you and said, “Hello.”

But, alas, here I am reminiscing of days gone by and, at the same time, know reality. Trapped in a conundrum that, literally, tears my heart apart between what is and what could have been.

I’m sure, given your situation and what your Father wants for you, your heart is feeling much the same way.

Gigi, my most cherished wish is love for You, your Partner, and your Father.

Norm

9. paul gray

hey gigi im paul gray from nyc in usa itell your father i want his approval to marry you with no money accepted because i actually find you attractive and i am willing to take time out to gain knowledge about you. i am willing to spend quality time with you before we get married i just want a lover who i know wants to be loved hitme back baby or email paulie2kool@gmail.com to contact me im single in college for criminal justice no children but ill have some with you i want a family